Q: Squeaking and over heating

I have a high pitch squeaking noise and now car is over heating

A: Hi there: If you’re experiencing a squeali...

Hi there:

If you’re experiencing a squealing or squeaking noise and have noticed the engine’s temperature is running high, it could be caused by a serpentine belt or water pump pulley that is loose or is damaged and needs to be replaced. However, the two items could be not related; which is why it’s always best to have a professional mechanic complete an engine is making a noise inspection first; before any repairs are booked or made. This will allow the mechanic to pinpoint the source of your engine noise and determine if it’s related to the overheating issue.