Q: How do you use the windshield wipers and washers?

How do you use the windshield wipers and washers?

Your windshield wipers clear away rain and mist from the windshield, helping you drive more safely. Your washers help clean dirt, dust and pollen from the glass. Using your wipers is simple when you know a few basic steps:

1. Locate the wiper control level on the right side of the steering wheel.

2. To turn your wipers on, move the lever up or down. There are five positions, with the first being mist, and the fifth being high speed wiping.

3. You can adjust the speed of your wipers in intermittent mode by turning the center ring back or forward (the single rain drop means a long delay and multiple drops represent a short delay.

4. Pull the lever toward you to jet washer fluid on the glass. The wipers will automatically increase speed momentarily to clear the fluid from the windshield.