Q: Hi I have a 2009 Nissan xtrail. I recently had the engine light come on and stay on along with the esp light on as well.

asked by on March 13, 2017

I had the engine light come on along with the esp light as well I pulled up turned the car off and let it sit for 5 minutes and the engine light went off just wondering what the problem could be it is a 2009 Nissan X-Trail

Best to check the computer for any pending or stored codes related to the ESP system. There could be a faulty ABS wheel speed sensor or the reluctor wheel to the wheel speed sensor could have moved making the wheel speed sensor not register properly. If you need further assistance with your check engine light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.