Q: Do mechanics charge to check the timing on a vehicle and, can my tensioner locking up throw the timing off on my vehicle?

I was driving and smelled burned rubber coming from engine. At the that time tensioner had not fully locked up. The next day i noticed my car had started misfiring. Took to mechanic next day. Got new tensioner. Car still misfiring. Could this be a timing issue?

3. Do mechanics charge to check the timing on a vehicle and, can my tensioner locking up throw the timing off on my vehicle?