Q: Ac blowing hot air. 2011 Chevy Equinox

asked by on August 28, 2016

Ok my ac in my car is blowing hot air

AC Recharge $224.56 - $255.84 Get a Quote
AC Compressor Replacement $653.49 - $2953.17 Get a Quote
AC Pressure Switch Replacement $161.05 - $468.42 Get a Quote
AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $116.46 Get a Quote

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. An AC that blows hot air can be caused by a few things. If the vehicle used low cold air, but over time began to blow warm, it may be possible that the AC system needs a refrigerant recharge. If this is the case, the system will also have to be checked for leaks. It may also be possible that there is an issue with one of the AC components. A faulty compressor, pressure switch, blend door actuator, or even control knob can all cause the AC to blow hot air. As the possibilities could be many, I would recommend having the AC issue diagnosed by a professional technician if you are not sure where to start.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr