Q: I recently changed out a bad coil pack that had been bad for a month. Literally today it got changed and shuts down while driving

I recently changed out a bad coil pack that had been bad for a month. Literally today it got changed and shuts down while driving. Could my bad coil pack caused a bad crankshaft sensor?

A: Hello. The bad coil wouldn't have cause...

Hello. The bad coil wouldn't have caused the crank sensor to fail. Crankshaft sensors are the most common failure on this engine so it should just be a coincidence. I would use a scan tool just to make sure that there is no rpm reading before replacing it though, as there are some other problems that can occur, but are not as likely. If you need help with this, consider having a technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose this problem with a scan tool and replace the crankshaft sensor if necessary.