What is the Door Mirror all about?
Mirrors are important safety features that allow drivers to see their surroundings. Most cars have at least three mirrors, one rear-view mirror and two side mirrors. Some are electric while others are manual. Since they are made of glass, they can break, which will require you to replace the whole assembly. Normally it is not feasible to just replace the glass.
Keep in mind:
- Usually mirrors cannot be repaired, and instead need to be replaced.
- If your mirror has suffered physical damage, it is possible that the mirror control switch has also been damaged.
How it's done:
- Remove door panel to gain access to mirror mounting hardware.
- Remove and replace the mirror.
- Check operation of an electric mirror prior to panel replacement.
- Reinstall the door panel.
Mirrors are critical for safe driving and are required by law. Have them replaced as soon possible to avoid a citation.
What common symptoms indicate you may need to replace the Door Mirror?
- Mirror is broken.
- Mirror does not move.
How important is this service?
Your car has three mirrors to help you see your surroundings when you drive. Your rear view mirror shows you what is behind you, while your side view mirrors show you what’s by your side, in your blind spot, and behind you at an angle. Drivers should use all three of their mirrors to make sure that they are driving as safely as possible. If one or more of your mirrors is damaged, you won’t have the same awareness of your surroundings, and you’ll be a less safe driver. Driving without a mirror is also illegal, and can result in an expensive ticket.