What is the Ignition Coil all about?
Keep in mind:
- Ignition coils are often damaged by other parts that leak hot oil onto the coils. If this is the case, the leaking part should be identified and replaced.
How it's done:
- Test the ignition coil(s)
- Remove and replace the faulty coil.
- Inspect spark plugs and electrical connectors.
What common symptoms indicate you may need to replace the Ignition Coil?
- Car may not start.
- Car may not run smoothly (engine misfires).
- Check Engine light is on.