What is a Windshield Washer Pump all about?
The windshield washer pump is a small electric water pump. When the washer pump is activated, it takes the washer fluid from the windshield washer reservoir and directs it to be sprayed through the washer jets onto the windshield. It is an electrical component that can fail over time. If you don't see any fluid coming out of the washer jets when you activate the windshield wiper switch, ask the mechanic to check the tubes for cracks and the nozzles for clogging.
How it's done:
- Test operation of the wiper switch.
- Make sure the nozzles are not clogged.
- Test for power and ground at the washer pump.
- Remove and replace the washer pump.
- Test for proper operation of the washer system.
What common symptoms indicate you may need to replace the Windshield Washer Pump?
When the washer pump is activated, washer fluid doesn't spray on windshield.