Q: yesterday I was driving and losing oil like crazy. I had it checked and it was determined that my oil pressure sensor or switch is

I was losing oil like crazy... It was leaking out rapidly and blowing back all over the engine... It looked to be coming from by the pulley. please help

A: If the part leaking oil is confirmed in a l...

If the part leaking oil is confirmed in a leak inspection to be the oil pressure sending unit, switch or sensor, replacement of the pressure sensor is usually fairly straightforward and thus can be accomplished during a mobile visit to your home. YourMechanic would be pleased to dispatch a mobile professional to get a new sensor professionally installed for you, so please feel free to follow up. As a side note, once the repair is completed, inasmuch as you are describing quite a bit of oil leaking, you might want to consider getting the engine steam cleaned to get rid of the mess. Oil left on rubber and plastic parts can cause early failure and residual oil on surfaces will also attract a lot of dirt that makes later maintenance and inspections more difficult.