Q: Would you buy a vehicle that had been in Puerto Rico for 9 years or are problems like rust or flooding too risky?

I was given a fake CarFax by a seller - I got the real one and a CarProof - no liens, no flooding damage listed, no accident, really clean but she lied about being the second owner, there have been 5 with her, and didn't mention location. The Jeep was in Puerto Rico 9 years, then sold through a Florida auction, then to Georgia. Its 11 years old this year - and has about 40,000 miles. Both the CarProof and CarFax say the odometer was not tampered with.

If I go ahead with an inspection, what should I have it cover? Is there extras like a electrical inspection for possible water damage?

Thank-you! Erika

3. Would you buy a vehicle that had been in Puerto Rico for 9 years or are problems like rust or flooding too risky?