Q: would not stay started

I just bought a Sierra 1500 SLE 2wd. I purchased the demo from the dealer with about 4600 miles on it, and it now has 6500 miles on it. I got in the truck and it started just fine, but it wouldn't stay started. It would start up just fine but the speed would slowly become less and less. The truck would vibrate badly and the speed was bouncing around. Then it died in about 25 seconds. There were no warning lights of any kind. I could start the truck, but then the same process would repeat itself. I tried starting it 30 more times. Then I had it towed to GMC. When I went to pick up my truck it stayed started and was running. Do you know what could have caused this problem with my GMC?

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by a voltage issue. If the battery was low or if there was a bad connection at the battery then this can occur. More than likely they charged the battery and checked the connections and that took care of it. The dealer should have told you what it took to fix it. If you continue to have this problem, a certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can visit your home or office to inspect why your truck is shutting off.

3. would not stay started