Q: Would mixing a quart of oil with a 15 gallon tank do damage to a I4? I just want it to blow black smoke. Any other ideas? thanks! 1986 VW Golf

i want my 1986 vw golf to blow black smoke. it is a gas 1.8L and it blows a bit of black smoke now but i want to be able to really make a good cloud. any ideas? someone said to put a quart of oil into the engne and it will make blue smoke. that sounds bad for my engine.

Hi there - adding a quart of oil to your fuel tank will effectively do the same thing as putting diesel fuel into your tank. The engine will quickly foul the injectors and plugs, clog the catalytic converter, and stop running altogether. Yes, it will create blue smoke out of the exhaust, but not for long. Then you will have to drain and flush the fuel system, re-fill and prime with straight gasoline, replace the clogged catalytic converter, and..... Not a good idea!

• Would mixing a quart of oil with a 15 gallon tank do damage to a I4? I just want it to blow black smoke. Any other ideas? thanks! 1986 VW Golf