Q: Would like to replace entire engine block on my car. 2000 Chevrolet Impala

My car is pretty old and the engine has finally failed. I really like the car and does not want to get a new car, but instead would like to gut the car and replace everything with newer parts. (I know it will be costly and to most not worth it, but i have my reasons). How would I go about buying and replacing the engine block? (Will not be doing labor myself)

Hi there - the most straightforward way to replace (and even upgrade!) your existing engine, is to simply purchase and install a "crate" engine from GM. These are new motors, with a warranty serviced by any GM dealer, which come in an astound number of configurations, from stock, period-correct bolt in replacements, to high performance replacements for increased power. Let your checkbook be your guide. Crate engines are available, to your door, from after market suppliers like Jegs and Summit Racing. Your neighborhood service center or mechanic can then install it for you, and you’re back on the road! Unfortunately, this is not a service YourMechanic offers at this time. Thanks for thinking of us though!

• Would like to replace entire engine block on my car. 2000 Chevrolet Impala