Q: Would it give me trouble in the future?

I'm looking to buy this car. It's missing a timing chain and has 246,000 miles on it? Would the car cause me trouble in the future? I'd like to know if i should buy it or not because if it's going fail me then i won't buy it, but i need advice from someone who knows about cars.

A: Hello. If the car is missing the timing cha...

Hello. If the car is missing the timing chain, then it will not run. I would steer far far away from buying a vehicle that needs this kind of repair. YourMechanic is capable of replacing your timing chain. However, what caused the timing chain to go missing is what concerns me. It would be good to know why the engine was taken apart and the timing chain removed. This vehicle has a lot of miles on it and this particular brand is known for not lasting after 200k miles without being extremely expensive. Honda's and Toyota's have proven to be very reliable vehicles. If you ever are close to buying a car, we recommend getting a pre-purchase inspection on the vehicle in order to get a more clear picture of the condition of the car before handing your money over.