Q: Would a broken or disengaged e-brake cause my car to make a rubbing noise while driving at low speeds and reversing?

My e-brake is broken and will not engage. The brakes have been changed for the front assembly, so this is not the problem. My car makes a low grinding/rubbing noise as I reverse or drive at a low speed (10-15mph) . The bearings seem to be ok, but the only problem that I noticed is that the e brake is broken and wont engage. Will a broken e brake or drum cause the grinding?

3. Would a broken or disengaged e-brake cause my car to make a rubbing noise while driving at low speeds and reversing?