Q: Working on the engine in the garage

I plan to work in a garage with my dad for 2-10 hours. If we left the garage door closed would it be dangerous or even lethal?

Hi, thanks for writing in. If you plan on running the engine or working on the fuel system, then yes it would be dangerous. Just because newer vehicles produce lower emissions does not mean what does come out of the exhaust is not dangerous or lethal. Without proper ventilation it will be deadly. Carbon monoxide is a colorless odorless gas that will kill you. Keep the garage door open. Hope this helps and good luck!

3. Working on the engine in the garage