Q: Work Involved to replace fuel line and cost required.

My fuel line is becoming quite corroded. If I was wondering what work specifically is involved with replacing the fuel line on my model of car. The reason I ask is that I heard that some models have the fuel line and brake lines in the same area so you may have to replace both at the same time. Is this true for this model? If I were to put this in a garage to replace, what should I expect in terms of cost? (Estimated number of hours labour provided there are no significant setbacks).

When a fuel line has become rusted, the fuel line must be cut off and replaced with a new flared line. This process can be very dangerous as sparks from the cutting tool can cause a fire or explosion. Due to this circumstance, I would recommend always having fuel lines replaced professionally. In order to replace the fuel line, a special tool set must be used called a flare and tubing set. The new line must be flared perfectly in order to mate up with the flares on the existing line. This is another reason that this repair should always be performed professionally.

3. Work Involved to replace fuel line and cost required.