Q: Q: wont start

car died. turns over fine. will start for about 1 second if give it gas. any ideas?

Hello. Thank you for writing in. There is no way of telling what the issue is without doing some further testing. The vehicle is starting but stalling out, so we know the battery and the starter are not to blame. This leads us to check the spark and fuel pressure. The spark is best tested by a spark tester, but it can be done other ways. The fuel pressure can be measured with an in-line fuel pressure gauge. If either is outside of their proper range, then you will need to take corrective measures. Check the condition of the spark plugs and the spark plug wires. If the fuel pressure is low, you will want to consider changing your fuel filter. Retest afterwards and make sure the pump is providing enough pressure. Having a stalling situation without having done any testing on the vehicle, you are in a position to go through the process of elimination until you find the fault.

3. Q: wont start