Q: wont start

Car stalled when running, does not turn over. Battery good all lights on dash. Acts like trying to start in gear. Could it be the neutral safety switch? Would it failing cause car to stall?

It sounds to me like you could have an issue with your ignition switch. I would recommend having your ignition switch tested by a qualfied professional to determine if it is working properly. The ignition switch is what causes your vehicle to start when turned to the run position. If the run position is malfunctioning on your ignition switch, this can cause the engine to cut off.