Q: Wont start

My car stalls while driving but then starts back up my idle was low under 1rpm I turned up the idle an the car seemed to run alto better I did have to rev the car at stops to prevent stalling it works alto better when its cold now my car will not start I did hear a winning noise the other day now there nothing it does have lights an radio an clicks when I try to start please help me figure out what it could be please

Hello There, It sounds like you may have a couple of separate issues here. The stalling and erratic idle may be related to a dirty or failing idle air control valve. The idle air control valve monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine at low speeds and at idle. This valve is controlled by the vehicle’s computer and will adjust idle speed based upon other measurements such as engine temperature, intake air temperature and electrical system load or voltage. When this is not working properly, you may experience a fluctuating idle and stalling as you have described.

The whining sound may be related to a failing alternator which may explain the drop in power and no starting issue. The clicking noise you are hearing is a common issue when the battery is simply too weak to turn the engine over. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.