Q: wont shift and runs rough, 2001 Ford Winstar

van runs rough changed plugs and wires didnt help started doing this after instrument cluster went haywire so if cluster went bad is this causing my problem van also wont shift unless you let up on gas i dont have any idea whats wrong any suggestions would help thank you

A: Your cluster may have a problem and is caus...

Your cluster may have a problem and is causing the transmission to not shift correctly. The car running rough may be due to a different issue. You should have a mechanic first find the reason for the cluster going haywire to see if maybe you are having electrical issues that are affecting all of the systems. I have see charging systems that are overcharging cause all sorts of problems in the vehicle. A certified technician like one from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the shifting issue and rough running problem in order to pinpoint faults and perform any repairs as needed.