Q: Wont crank

My car wont crank when i turn the key over it wont crank or make any noises it wont do anything what could it be please help

Hello.

A vehicle that does not crank or respond when the key is turned can be caused by a few things. The most common being a dead battery, corroded battery cables or terminals, a dead transponder key, or a bad ignition switch. The first thing I would do is check to make sure that the battery is charged, and that the cables are not excessively corroded. If the battery is good I would then look into the key, if it is a transponder type. If the transponder built into the key fails or the battery dies, it may no longer be able to properly start the vehicle. The same with a faulty ignition switch or cylinder. If those components all check out then it may be possible the vehicle is suffering from a wiring issue. If that appears to be the case I would recommend a professional diagnosis of the issue as electrical problems can sometimes be difficult to figure out. Since you can’t get the car to crank, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician will be able to come to your home to diagnose your starting issue firsthand.