Q: Wondering if the clicking noise I hear when unsuccessfully trying to start it can be because I need a new battery?

I know I need a new battery and I haven't been able to start my car. I had it on a charging pack all night and when I took it off I didn't get any juice from it at all. So I know it's time for a new one. I'm wondering if when I tried to start it while I had the charging pack on I was hearing a clicking noise can that be because of the battery too? I'm hoping it's nothing more

Hi There, Generally the clicking noise you hear when trying to start the vehicle is a result of a weak battery or a faulty starter solenoid. In the case of a weak battery, this clicking noise happens when there is simply not enough power in the battery to cause the engine to turn over when turning the key. In the case of a faulty start solenoid, there are internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

• Wondering if the clicking noise I hear when unsuccessfully trying to start it can be because I need a new battery?