Q: Wondering if it is worth repairing? 2006 Hyundai Elantra

The power steering is not working and there is a belt on the ground. Now the car won't start. Could be related or it may be from sitting. I am wondering if it is worth repairing.

Hi there - without knowing the overall condition of the vehicle, it’s hard to say whether the needed repairs are "worth repairing", but 98,000 isn’t that much for most modern cars. The battery can be checked for free at auto parts stores if it appears to be "dead" from sitting too long, and possibly just charged back to life. I would recommend an engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose evident problems, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs to get you back on the road.