Q: Wondering about gasket or manifold issues

I know that I need an upper and possibly a lower intake manifold rebuild, but I don't know if it is the gaskets that need to be replaced, or the manifold itself.

A: This engine is well known for having intake...

This engine is well known for having intake gasket leaks, so I’m fairly confident the gasket is the problem. With this engine, the first sign of a failed lower intake gasket is oil/coolant intermix. There is an upgraded gasket available that will make the repair more durable. I suggest you have this intake manifold gasket replacement performed by a trained professional, such as a mechanic from the YourMechanic team.