Q: Q: Won't turn over

What does it mean when the car won't turn over n the brake is hard to push down

If the engine is not running, the brake pedal will be hard to press because there is no engine vacuum to make the brake pedal easy to push. The engine needs spark, air, and fuel to run. Air is almost always present so that leaves spark and fuel. There a number of components that can cause a lack of either. A bad crankshaft sensor can cause both a lack of spark and fuel. A bad ignition module or engine control unit can cause a lack of spark or signal to the coils to fire. A bad fuel pump, fuel pump relay, or fuel pressure regulator can cause a lack of fuel. Since there are numerous components that can cause a no start situation, it may be best to have a certified technician look into it to find the exact cause.

3. Q: Won't turn over