Q: Won't start the car

Hi, I have a Honda Civic 2006 Ex 4 dr, I just replace my engine because it had a block crack so after I swap my engine from a other car, but now everything is connected and reprogram the computer then when I try to turn on the car and it won't start, it only make crank but however it only start when I connect the Scanner to the car is does turn the car but whenever I remove the scanner from the car, it won't start up the car, what could be a problem?

A: You might want to check to ensure all of th...

You might want to check to ensure all of the connectors are are secure. Sometimes a bad ground or power lead is at fault. By hooking up a scanner, you are completing the circuit through the scanner allowing the vehicle to start normally. Check your trouble codes, you may see one that is a PXXX code. The P indicates a network communication issue. Electrical concerns can be tricky, I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, perform some elecrtrical testing to determine the exact cause of your concern