Q: Won't start or idle

Have a 6.0 that is difficult to syart usually need starting fluid then after it starts it wont idle have to keep rpm above 1100 then if you try to put it in gear it dies then repeat prosses same out come

Hi there:

In most cases when you have starting and idling issues on a turbo diesel it’s caused by fuel delivery or air fuel mixture issues. It’s possible that your idle control valve is dirty, stuck open or the wiring to the sensors that monitor and control it are damaged. However, the issue might be related to ignition; such as a crankshaft position sensor that is also damaged or the wiring is faulty. Starting a modern diesel engine with starter fluid can cause serious damaged, so i’d defer from doing that in the future. If you need assistance with this repair, contact a professional local mobile mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, and have them complete a diagnostic scan or complete a starting issue inspection before this issue gets worse. Best of luck.

3. Won't start or idle