Q: Won't start makes ticking sound someone said it could be battery or starter but all the lights come on

I drove the car last night tried to start it this morning makes ticking sound my brother in law says it could be battery I don't think so because everything comes on but it won't start do you have any suggestions

This is a common sign of a faulty starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.

3. Won't start makes ticking sound someone said it could be battery or starter but all the lights come on