Q: Won't start makes ticking sound someone said it could be battery or starter but all the lights come on

I drove the car last night tried to start it this morning makes ticking sound my brother in law says it could be battery I don't think so because everything comes on but it won't start do you have any suggestions

This is a common sign of a faulty starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.

• Won't start makes ticking sound someone said it could be battery or starter but all the lights come on