Q: Won't start changed pump

My car won’t start and I’m not sure why. I have a spark, so I am getting fuel. I had just changed my oil pump, and I primed it when I installed it. I’m wondering if maybe I might have disconnected something while I was changing the pump. Maybe some wires were affected. I know I didn’t disconnect the battery. Do you have any suggestions? What do you think?

Hello. If your car is not starting, then the first thing I would check is to see if the ignition system is functioning properly. I would then move on to checking the fuel and engine performance systems. One quick thing to check would be the crank position sensor, located near the bottom of the engine. If the sensor was disconnected when the oil pump was replaced, it may lead to a no start condition, due to a lack of crank signal. A no start condition can be caused by a wide variety of other problems, so a proper diagnosis would be recommended in order to determine the exact nature of the issue.