Q: Won't start

My daughter has just left our home, car started fine. Drove to her home, an hour away, stopped to buy groceries, now car won't start, lights go on, radio plays, just getting clicking sound! Starter??? Loose terminals???? HELP????

A: Hello. This is often times a sign of a faul...

Hello. This is often times a sign of a faulty starter relay. This is a small unit near the starter that directs power from the battery to the starter allowing it to engage the flywheel. When this is faulty, it will cause the clicking sound you describe. If you would like help having this repaired, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting problem and guide you through repairs.