Q: Q: Won't start

The problem was diagnosed by a mechanic as being the fuel pump. I changed it only to find out that it was the connector to the fuel pump. I changed it as well and the car started. Drove it up the street and it would not start again. I do have fuel pressure but it will not turn over.I've checked the fuses and relays but nothing is out of order...I'm stumped!?

Hi there. From the description you have provided, the vehicle not starting, replacing the fuel pump and connector, driving and won’t turn over, all sound like separate issues. It could be, the vehicle’s security system keeping the engine from turning over. If the security light operates normally. It could also be that, the starter decided to fail. Assuming, the battery terminal connections are clean and tight. A circuit test to the starter signal wire, could rule out a faulty starter relay or a faulty ignition switch.

With an assistant and a test light, disconnect the signal wire (small gauge wire) at the starter, clip the test light to the negative battery terminal or good ground, probe the signal wire connector with other end, and have your assistant turn the ignition switch to the crank position. This should light the test light, if it does, starter has failed. If, it does not light, further testing is required to confirm the diagnoses. I recommend having your vehicle’s no start issue be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Q: Won't start