Q: Won't start!!

My brother took the car out, and it overheated, the spark plugs and the caps both were fried. I forcefully had to remove them. I got new spark plugs and distributor cables, but now the car won't start. When I turn the key the, lights go black and the car makes a clack clack clack sound. I think the distributor cables are in the wrong order, but I am not sure.

Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. If, when you turn your key to the on position, your dash light flickers and you hear a clicking noise while trying to start your car - the first thing to do is check your battery. With a multi-meter, check the battery voltage. There should be a minimum of 12.5 volts to be able to start your vehicle (13.5 - 14.5 is fully charged). If you need further assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to help diagnose your vehicle’s starting issues.

3. Won't start!!