Q: Won't start after being read with a Genesis Touch reader

A couple of days ago the exterior lights would not turn off when the truck was shut off. Checked relays/ fuses under the hood. Got them to turn off finally by pulling relays / fuses. Could control the exterior lights by placing the light switch on manual. Now they turn on/ off with the ignition. The dash lights are out. Also the interior lights, door locks. Read the codes with a new Genesis Touch reader. Now truck will not start. Cranks great but won't start. Removed both leads from the battery and held them together for approximately 30 seconds. Reconnected. Still cranks great but won't start.

I know these two things happened simultaneously but they may not be connected. Check your fuses for your fuel pump. It’s turning over which is good, it just sounds like you aren’t getting fuel.

You could have a bad mass airflow sensor (MAF). The MAF sends a signal to the engine telling it how much air it has going to it. If this is bad it may not start because the truck doesn’t know how much air it is getting.

Also, look around the battery, when you disconnected it, you may have missed a wire and it’s not working because of that wire.

if you need assistance, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the no start condition. I hope this helps and good luck.