Q: Won't start - 2000 Pontiac Bonneville

The belt is off of the supercharger. But shouldn't the engine still start? The serpentine belt is still on

A: Not likely. If the supercharger is not spin...

Not likely. If the supercharger is not spinning, your motor will be greatly starved for air. The supercharger is a set of very large surface area gears that push more air into the motor at a rate higher than it can without it. More air equals more fuel equals more power. If the supercharger is not spinning, it amounts to a very large restriction in the intake manifold and it won’t run. If I were face to face with you, I would be asking why you don’t have the belt on the supercharger. If it has a problem, you will need to repair or replace it. If you would like to have an expert come out and inspect the no-start in person, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the no start and let you know what needs repair.