Q: Won't shift out of first unless you let go of gas but it will shift back down and never grab second

I have a 4x4 truck that does not want to shift for nothing but when you let off the gas it will shift and cruze as is it is in neutral or shifted gears and once you get back in to pressing the gas it will shift in first and it has 3.08 gears in the front diff and 3.73 in the rear diff I bought it with a messed up rear end and it didn't shift before when it had 3.08 gears, I have the front one but I don't think that has anything to do with it, I was wondering if the transmission is shot or if it is something small?

3. Won't shift out of first unless you let go of gas but it will shift back down and never grab second