Q: Won't shift out of first unless you let go of gas but it will shift back down and never grab second

I have a 4x4 truck that does not want to shift for nothing but when you let off the gas it will shift and cruze as is it is in neutral or shifted gears and once you get back in to pressing the gas it will shift in first and it has 3.08 gears in the front diff and 3.73 in the rear diff I bought it with a messed up rear end and it didn't shift before when it had 3.08 gears, I have the front one but I don't think that has anything to do with it, I was wondering if the transmission is shot or if it is something small?

If you have all the drive shafts in the front and rear, then you will damage the transfer case or one of the axles if you drive the vehicle and engage the front end. The two different gear ratios will do this. As far as the transmission goes, you have a problem with the governor inside the transmission and may have bad second gear parts. Have a mechanic pressure test the transmission and diagnose the shifting issue for you.

3. Won't shift out of first unless you let go of gas but it will shift back down and never grab second