Q: Won't shift out of first gear or go over 35 mph.

Believe that the box beneath the gear needs to be replaced. What do you think?

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a problem with the transmission control module or potentially a bad transmission speed sensor. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission problem.

3. Won't shift out of first gear or go over 35 mph.