Q: Won't shift out of first gear or go over 35 mph.

Believe that the box beneath the gear needs to be replaced. What do you think?

3. Won't shift out of first gear or go over 35 mph.

Q: Filled in regular instead of premium fuel, CEL came on, P0022 code

Hello there, the P0022 code is indicating that the car's computer has over-retarded the engine timing. This makes sense with the 87 octane gasoline used instead of the 93 octane gasoline. The car was most likely attempting to adjust to...

Q: Transmission stuttering and slipping

If you haven't checked your transmission fluid level I would start there. Low fluid level can cause this as it sloshes around in the oil pan when you accelerate and turn. Low fluid level will also cause the transmission to...

Q: The battery light shows red and the temperature guage is not showing

Hey there. This could be anything from a bad battery to a bad battery control unit. This can also cause other gauges to not function correctly, including the temperature gauge. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to...