Q: Won't crank/ start

My Cherokee will not crank when I turn the key, I replaced the startor solenoid and still nothing no crank at all. I tried using a flathead to the startor and it sounds like a drill. Doesn't sound like a engine crank, if I need a new startor, Why doesn't my engine crank over when I turn the key though? I need help with this problem really bad

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like the starter may not be aligned with the flywheel properly. As you know, when you turn the key and the starter solenoid engages the starter, a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to turn the motor over. If this is not properly aligned, this may cause the gear to come out, but not properly reach the flywheel resulting in this gear just spinning freely producing a drill like sound as you describe. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your Jeep.

3. Won't crank/ start