Q: Q: Won't crank

My car won't crank up. When i turn the key it kind of hums and the lights and radio comes on. When I let the key go it turns off.

Hi there:

In most cases when you turn the ignition key and it "hums", it’s due to the starter relay or the starter itself being damaged and needing replacement. However, it’s also possible that the alternator, battery or main relay is faulty or damaged as well, so it’s best to have a professional mechanic complete a car will not turn over inspection; so they can pinpoint the source of your Honda Accord’s issues and recommend the right repairs be completed.

3. Q: Won't crank