Q: Wobbling on highway

Sometimes when driving on the highway at 60-70 mph, my Nissan Pathfinder wobbles back and forth. My husband thought it was due to the shocks needing replacing, but it is at the shop now and the mechanic said the shocks are fine. They are replacing the front brake pads and rotors though. Any idea why it wobbles occasionally?

Hi There, Shaking at high speeds is often times related to tires that may be out of balance, low on air, potentially a badly aligned front end or failing suspension components or ball joints. When any of these things are not geometrically proper or aligned correctly, this causes an imbalance in the way the vehicle travels down the road and may cause the vehicle to vibrate or shake violently. this type of condition usually gets worse with more speed. Generally, vibrating or shaking related to braking problems occur when applying the brakes as the rotor presses against the brake pads. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.