Q: I put a new ignition switch in my truck and it still isn't turning over the keys.

I just replaced my ignition cylinder for my truck ..in the thre box thier were 2 keys but now my car won't start and I e...do i have to have t he new keys rprogrsmmed

Hi there. You will have to program the keys to the vehicle to have the vehicle register the key. To reprogram the key, perform the following:

• Put the key in the ignition switch and turn it to the ’ON’ position.
  • Hold down the lock button on the key fob and turn the ignition switch to the ’OFF’ position.
  • While holding the lock button on the key fob, turn the ignition switch to the ’ON’ position.
  • Release the button and press the unlock button on the key fob and turn the ignition switch to the ’OFF’ position.
  • While holding the unlock button on the key fob, turn the ignition switch to the ’ON’ position.

You then will have to do the same thing with the driver door, then the key should be programmed to your vehicle. If you need further assistance with programming your key, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I put a new ignition switch in my truck and it still isn't turning over the keys.