Q: witch solenoid causes the drive & revers to go out in the transmission

2000 ls 3.0 i put used transmission in had a bad leak from the two lines going into the trans. then the reverse & drive went out but 1,2 & 3 work. it kinda feels like it wants to pull in drive or reverse but its just not happen."

If the transmission is not engaging in drive or reverse, that is probably a valve body fault, for example with the manual valve in the valve body. Of course, double check the adjustment of the shift linkage so that you can be sure that manual valve position for drive is being achieved when the shift lever on the column is placed in drive. Also, check fluid level...if too low or too high, the transmission will have shifting issues. The shift solenoids are typically in play going from first to second and to initiate torque converter lockup. It may be that there is an internal hydraulic leak, too, in the drive position, due to a failed o-ring or clutch pack piston. You could also have a fractured band. My suggestion is request that a certified Mechanic from YourMechanic come to your location and perform a no-shift or hard to shift diagnostic. If you have follow up questions or concerns by all means please re-contact us.

• witch solenoid causes the drive & revers to go out in the transmission