Q: Wireless locks occasionally stop working, battery died several times

Hello. I've been having issues with the keyless entry feature in my car. It occasionally stops working. While I was driving, it happened that the doors were unlocking and locking on their own. I took it to the dealer and they had the ground wire replaced, which didn't help much as the issue persists. Also, my battery keeps dying for no apparent reason. The mechanics couldn't find anything wrong and I don't know what to do. Do you have any suggestions?

A: Hello. I have ran across this a few times o...

Hello. I have ran across this a few times on this vehicle. Most of the time it is caused by a failing ignition switch. If the switch is failing internally then it will lose contact randomly and this will occur.

To diagnose this, I typically start by accessing the switch and checking for a voltage drop in the switch, indicating that it needs to be replaced. If the switch is fine then it may be an issue with the control module which is not as common. If you need help with this, feel free to reach out to a certified mechanic who can come to your home or office to diagnose your battery and locks.