Q: Windshield wipers not responding

The windshield wipers are not responding to the motor, which makes noise when the wiper switch is turned on.

A: Hi there! A common cause of the problem you...

Hi there! A common cause of the problem you are describing is a interruption between the wiper motor and wipers. More often than not, the wipers lever arm will become disconnected from the wiper motor. The fixture that holds the arm in place is made of plastic and usually breaks in old age. If this is the case the wiper arm assembly must be replaced. To determine if this is the issue, I suggest having a qualified mechanic inspect the wiper arm assembly for defects.