Q: Windshield wipers broken

My windshield wipers only work on one speed, and there is no delay or high speed.

Hi. The most common cause of this is the wiper switch assembly. The wiper switch sends a signal to the wiper motor depending on what speed you set it on. If the switch fails internally, it may only have the ability to send the signal for one speed. It can also happen if the motor assembly fails and only now uses the main power input. A voltage meter will need to be used to measure the voltage coming from the switch as you try changing speeds. Electrical components can be diagnosed by a certified mechanic to further pinpoint what is causing the issue. A trained technician, like one from YourMechanic, can inspect the windshield wiper mechanism and replace any damaged parts.