Q: Windshield wiper assembly question.

I replaced the windshield wiper assembly know my wife's car but now it won't wipe the window like it should. On the old linkage that I took off there were some black plastic pieces with a piece of plastic that stuck up like an L. The new one didn't have that in it and I was wondering if that was the reason that it's not working properly.

Hi there:

If you got the replacement parts from an auto parts store, you might want to verify that the replacement parts were for the right model and year of Pontiac Sunfire (as this is a common problem with auto parts stores). If they were aftermarket parts, it’s very common for fitting issues to occur since they’re often made for multiple manufactures and tend to have these fitting and operational issues. You might also want to check the bottom mounts where the wiper motor was installed to ensure there isn’t an extra plate below that is causing the motor to fit incorrectly.