Q: Windows malfunction after battery replacement

I had the battery replaced with a new one in my car. I'm not sure if the following problem is related to battery replacement, but the windows stopped working. It happened after the battery was changed. I managed to roll them down but they don't go up anymore. Both the passenger's side and driver's side windows are malfunctioning. What do you suggest I should do?

A: Hello there, this can be a common occurrenc...

Hello there, this can be a common occurrence on a 2001 CLK430. When the battery is disconnected, the windows can lose their sync. When this occurs, the window will need to be reset, which programs the computer to the window's travel location. The owners manual will provide the instruction on how to reset the windows.

If you need help having this done, a qualified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to check your window problem and let you know what should be done.

Recommended services
Get a Quote