Q: Windows and sunroof broken. 1999 BMW 328is

My sunroof on my BMW broke and the windows quit working. My fuse 14 is good, I swapped the relay under the steering column, bought new window buttons, and I changed the general control module. But the windows still don’t work. I couldn't hear the window motor on the driver’s side when I took off the door panel. Are both motors broken? What could it be? Thanks.

It could be that both of the motors and/or regulators got damaged during the break in. Since you hear the motor running, it obviously has a complete circuit with good power and ground. The windows must also be initialized every time the system is tampered with. This can be accomplished using a scan tool with OEM capabilities. I suggest you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle firsthand to diagnose and repair your window issue.