Q: Window malfunction

In the last couple of years, I had problems with the window on my van acting up. It happened several times including most recently. When it happened before, it got fixed by itself. The window on the passenger's side has started malfunctioning again. It just quit working. How can I fix this?

A: Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 200...

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2006 Chevrolet Express. When windows quit working, this is usually due to a faulty window motor and regulator. Another possibility is that there is a problem with the window switch. Sometimes there are wiring issues as well, so this cannot be ruled out - but this is not as common. Have your windows inspected by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose your issue and make the necessary repair.

Recommended services
Get a Quote